When minor dental flaws affect your smile, veneers, a popular cosmetic dentistry option, provide a simple solution. Your dentists at Bennett Dental Group, Dr. Scott Bennett, Kristen West-Bennett, and James Bennett offer veneers at their Westminster, CO, office.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that only cover the fronts of your teeth. The shells are made of porcelain or composite resin, two durable materials that look very much like natural tooth enamel. Since veneers are only attached to the fronts of teeth, they require very little preparation. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a half millimeter of tooth enamel for a good fit.
You'll need to visit the Westminster dental office three times if you'll be receiving veneers. The first visit will be devoted to planning, while the second will include buffing your teeth and making an impression of your mouth that will be used to create your veneers. During the third visit, your dentist will apply the veneers temporarily with water or glycerin, check their fit, and make a few minor adjustments. Veneers are attached with dental cement and become a permanent addition to your teeth.
How can veneers help me improve my smile?
Veneers may be a good option if you're concerned about:
- Minor Damage and Imperfections: Veneers cover shallow cracks and chips and make bumps and pits in tooth enamel disappear.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Your veneer will completely change the appearance of a crooked, twisted, or pointed tooth, or one that just doesn't look like the surrounding teeth.
- Short Teeth: Veneers extend the length of short teeth, improving the symmetry of your smile.
- Gaps: Do you have a slight gap between your front teeth? Adding a few veneers can transform your smile.
- Discolorations: Would you like to hide a tooth that's become discolored due to a dental issue, trauma, a large filling, tetracycline, or another reason? Covering the discoloration with a veneer will make you forget that you ever had an issue with the tooth.
- A Dull Smile: If your smile has become dull or yellow, veneers offer a long-term whitening solution. They're available in many shades of white and are resistant to food and beverage stains.
Renew your smile with veneers! If you're interested in this cosmetic dentistry treatment, call your dentists in Westminster, CO, Dr. Scott Bennett, Kristen West-Bennett, and James Bennett of Bennett Dental Group, at (303) 429-3549.